WE’RE BACK for our annual rally and march! The national focus this year is on climate justice, immigration, and human rights/women’s rights. We’ll schedule sign-making events in January to help you get your signs ready!
We’re pleased and privileged that AG Bob Ferguson will join us again, as well as other distinguished speakers (tba).
Click here for details and to RSVP: https://actionnetwork.org/events/womens-march-wenatchee?source=email&
Plan to be indoors in your seat at the PAC either in the balcony or downstairs theater by 10:30 a.m. At about 11:30, we’ll take to the street for a march through downtown Wenatchee , returning to the PAC (route is approx 1.0 mile). Voter registration will be available upstairs, as well as information tables hosted by local allies and affinity groups. More details to follow soon – Keep updated at https://www.facebook.com/events/443915576559402/
NOTE: Your contribution to offset expenses will be appreciated. Please bring a few dollars to donate at the event, if you are able.
Peaceful Protest Guidelines:
• Please make this a peaceful and family friendly event. If we have counter protesters to deal with, we ask that you not engage in a debate or argument with them. Remain peaceful and strong and walk proudly by them.
• Please do not return the assaults (verbal or physical) of counter protesters. Find a person in an orange vest to help defuse the situation.
• Please refrain from insults and swearing. This is a family friendly event. Do not use violence (verbal or physical) toward any person. This includes language and graphics on signs.
• Please do not carry anything that could be construed as a weapon. (sticks, bats, bricks, rocks, etc.)
• Please do not damage any property.
• Please do not bring any alcohol or drugs to the event.
• Please do not bring weapons of any kind to the event. Whether you have a permit or not. No firearms, knives, explosives, etc. The police will be asked to remove persons carrying weapons from the event.
• Remember 911. All emergency services know about our event and are prepared if their services are required.
• Please enjoy this peaceful protest. Raise your voice against injustice, not against people.